Updated: Jul 31
Oats, berries, and honey! While scrolling through my Pinterest feed last week, a recipe from Apple of My Eye caught my attention. The picture looked similar to mine and I knew I had to try. I made a few modifications, reducing the sugar and making it both gluten and dairy-free so my entire family could eat. There were also other tweaks but overall this recipe was easy to modify. It is also easy to make and is the perfect breakfast to start your day. If you would like to see the original recipe or check out the other yummy oat bake recipes go to www.apple-of-my-eye.com. Prep time is only 10 minutes and then in the oven for about 40.
GF DF Healthy Berry Oatmeal Bake
2 C of gluten-free rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon (heaping)
1/4 C of brown sugar
2 C of almond milk
2 pasture raised eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp honey
1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
3 C of frozen organic berries (I used a blueberry, raspberry, blackberry mix)
1/4 chopped nuts of choice ( I used unsalted almonds and pecans) optional
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix dry ingredients together, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar.
3. In another bowl mix the almond milk, eggs, vanilla, honey, and coconut oil.
4. Spread half of the berries evenly on the bottom of a 9x11 (2qt) baking dish.
5. Layer the dry mix over the berries.
6. Pour in wet mix and add the remaining berries and nuts. 7. Bake for about 40 minutes and serve. Can also drizzle with honey or add some Greek yogurt. Keeps well in the refrigerator for a couple of days if you have leftovers and you just can reheat.